Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hip pain cancels workout

I skipped my run today because I've been bothered for a few days with some pain in my left hip area. Pretty sure this is related to playing tennis with my sons on Sunday evening. We had fun hitting the ball around, but I'm not used to the sprint-pivot-reach type of movements compared to running. The pain is right in the ball 'n socket joint area...probably some inflammation. I've felt this pain (rarely) before but not since a long time.

I'm hopeful that this will be resolved in another day or two so that my scheduled 20 miler (Sunday) will be a go. This is actually the Broad Street Run 10 mile race, but I'm going to park at the finish, run up to the start, and then race back down again. My plan is 8:45 pace first 10, and then 8:00 pace for the second 10. This will be much much slower than last year, but it's all about the longer goal now.

1 comment:

  1. hope your hip is feeling better with the extra rest. hopefully it's nothing serious and what you are thinking it is (/nothing new).

    thanks for the 5k tips btw! your sub-20 is nothing to snuff at, and hopefully you'll break it again. :)

    ReplyDelete