Monday, August 3, 2009

7 mile progression

I wasn't sure what type of run to do today until I had started into it and was completely warmed up. The schedule said 5 easy or mod on treadmill. But workouts have been going good so I ramped it up some more.

After 2 miles at 8:30 I increased speed to 8:10 pace. Mile 4 was 8 flat. Then next @ 7:45 and mile 6 was 7:30. The last was 7:00 even. I don't usually end fast without a cool down mile or two, but just walked it out for about 5 mins and then did my stretching. Ended up being total of 7, and faster than scheduled. I'm calling this a progression rather than one of my cookers because the last mile didn't really feel all that tough. I didn't want to push any further and just ended it with something held back in reserve for tomorrow/whenever. Feel really good about this workout. That's 4 days in a row - good for me. And miles are up: 10 easy, 5 moderate, 6 mod. on trails, 7 progession. Forgot to bandaid up the nips, some lite chaffing... ouch, I don't want that to become an issue again. Later, I felt some aches in knees. Price to pay for trying to get my speed back.

2 comments:

  1. great run! i'm struggling to get anything under 8 lately, or maybe it just seems that way / extra tough mentally. i'm a little jealous :)

    i'm glad i don't have to experience nipple chaffage...

    ReplyDelete