Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Upcoming Race Schedule

Did a 4 mile treadmill run today (easy pace_8:30) with good stretch and then hit the weights for a bit of upper body. I had actually planned 5 or 6 but my calves felt tight and I had absolutely no energy. Even after warming up, when the running then gets easier, I never really felt like I was in the groove. So i cut it a little short and figured this is supposed to be an easy week anyway. A bit of taper for the PDR half on Sunday.

I saw a few runners at the Y today that I know. Chris, Scott, Carole *and their crew*. It's nice to say a quick hi to fellow runners. Chris is running Philly this weekend...not sure of others. Carole, you are looking great - very fit & fast. What's your secret to staying so lean?? awesome! Also today found out that Ray (in run club ) is running Philly. He & I have done a few runs together this year. Ray's much faster than me at long distance races. I can match him in 5k's. I'd be tempted to run along with him on Sunday, but the end result might be too fast and then leave me busted/bonked/walking. It's tempting....hrmmmm....

Today I signed up for the DDC-15k on Oct.11th and the Conestoga 10 Mile Trail race on Sept.27th. I've mentioned the Conestoga in blog before (maybe? where is that post??). DDC could be an obvious PR attempt if the weather is cool. Conestoga, I've heard about this one for years. Although it's short for a true classic trail race, it's considered very difficult for the distance. Very steep climbs & descents, some just too dangerous for running...more like hand over hand climbing. I've hiked most of the course, never run it, and it really is a tough section of trail. My 10 mile PR is 1:07:30 but this race will be more about finishing without getting hurt. Estimated run time is double the PR time! Even the course record seems incredibly slow, something like 1:35?? but it's because there's some parts that you just can't run, too dangerous!

1 comment:

  1. good luck at pdr this weekend! sounds like you have picked some good races for the next couple of months. bring home some pr's!

    ReplyDelete