Sunday, September 13, 2009

week end miles

Like a first run after a long layoff, I have to ease back into this blogger thing. Start slowly and hope to feel good after an easy warm up.

Today I ran 5 around the neighborhood. Was to be easy pace but got running a bit faster than planned. Typical.
Lots of folks out cleaning up after thunderstorm Friday night. A house in the back of the neighborhood burned down about 2 weeks ago, this is only the second time I'm going by it. It's still the same looking as the other day. They need to knock down what's left (not much, family got out safely, grill too close to siding and unattended).

Other news items: Cub Scout popcorn sale began today. woo-hoooo. We had fun standing outside grocery store for 2 hours today selling. big fun. Also... my older son scored a goal in his soccer game today! This is his first goal since joining the travel team last year. He was usually about 2 goals per season in the recreational level, but has been mostly on D or midfield since moving up to travel.

Tomorrow I plan on 8 miles in the woods...we'll see how muddy I am when I come home!
Philly Distance Run is exactly one week away. I have come around full circle since signing up for this race back in June. First I was going to nail a PR 'fur-sur'. Then I was going to focus my fall racing on trails instead, and so PDR was just for fun/nothing serious. But after some encouraging workouts I'm back to taking this race serious. A true PR attempt is still a dicey proposition - I don't want to blow up late in the race and finish in misery. When it's this close between maybe PR or not the weather & other race day situations will be key factors. So I'll probably wait till last minute to decide on pace. The pace needed for a PR is 7:05 (my current PR is 1:33:57).

No comments:

Post a Comment