Thursday, September 3, 2009

Great Expectations

I really wish I was going out for a run in the woods today; however, with a busy schedule, a plan for 10 miles tomorrow, and my hip pain still nagging at me... there's no running today on my scheduled day off.
God, what an awesome early fall day! I'd love to be free to do as I wish. There is literally not a cloud inthe sky. Totally clear bright blue. It's so beautiful that it's almost making me sad that I don't get to enjoy it. Why do I react that way?? Some of my younger fb friends occasionally post "fml" (Fuck My Life). It's not all that bad, but I'd really like to ditch it all today and just run free 'n easy in the woods.

Recently I've:
not posted in a along time,
ran a fast 10k race,
had a red tailed fox cross my path,
got my mtb tuned up,
dreamed of a falcon soaring overhead,
caught a praying mantis & a bullfrog (younger son wouldn't touch first & dropped second after getting pee'd on by his first frog),
jumped in the surf of the Atlantic,
passed a test,
carved a piece of oak with my pocket knife,
got caught in a total cloud-burst downpour,
had dirty no-holds-barred 'secret' sex,
saw a big black racer snake,
been listening to The Gaslight Anthem,
found a small box turtle,
drove my car real fast,
got off trail & had to scramble over an unexpected boulder field,
got drunk all by myself & almost cried,
fell asleep on the couch & left the front light on,
been touched by a friend,
bought a new pair of trail shoes,

had some higher highs & lower lows.

1 comment:

  1. it's been quite a roller coaster ride for you lately! i hope the running has still been going well, other than the hip pain of course. you popped into my head on my run today (i think it was today? i can't always remember my mid-run thoughts accurately) and wondered what was up in your world since you hadn't posted in awhile.

    i think as runner's we get depressed over the gorgeous weather days when we are injured or have a scheduled off day. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete