Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hiatus

Ugh,
I haven't run in days.
Just got back today from a Cub Scout camping trip. Don't tell me boys I said this . . . but these trips are BRUTAL. Sleeping on the hard, albeit rain soaked, ground on the top of a bluff overlooking the Chesapeake Bay. Sounds like it would have potential, but then factor in the cold rain for the last 24 hours, gusty winds. Then there's the crappy food - which was only lukewarm (WTF?). Standing around waiting 'our' turn for archery, BB guns, etc. Paying $65 for the privilege of all this fun...

Crap, lack of sleep has got me just complaining. I know my scout had fun so that's the point of it. Warning to younger readers: once you have kids then you have to do all kinds of shit that is not fun and you never saw it coming. Don't say I didn't warn you! Oh, and they cost tons of $$ also.

Maybe tomorrow I will get out for a run. Wednesday was the last day I ran. Thursday was a scheduled day off.
Skipped F-S-S.
Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that DOES sound brutal. You are such a trooper! I will definitely keep this post in mind before I even think about having kiddos! :) Hope you get a nice run in tomorrow . . . but for now, just enjoy being inside and warm, and eat lots of good, hot food! ;)

    ReplyDelete