Thursday, October 15, 2009

thursday turd's day









I am officially in a funk as of today. I don't know why, but this seems to happen for a week or two after a good race. Perhaps the body is really tired and trying to recover? Usually the first few days I'm up on a buzz from good race, and then BAM! No motivation. I feel just 'blah'. Today the weather isn't helping as the mid day temp is 45 and there's been a steady rain all day.

I planned to have today off and then a scheduled 10 or 15 miler tomorrow. But my knee has been huring me for the last few days. It's a new pain... not one of the aches that I know so well that they are like an old friend when they re-appear. I don't need any new pains at this point. But I'll give it a few days and then hopefully it's adios to my new pain.

Supposed to have a Cub Scout camping trip this weekend but rain forecast to keep going for several days. I'm already secretly hoping that trip is cancelled. Lame, i know. But I'm a fair weather camper for the most part.

Here's two photo's from last weekend's DDC 15k. I'm psyched these 'freebees' look so good. In the first I'm running side by side with Mary B (fast woman!). We ran most of the race together which really helped me to hold the pace when I was beginning to fatigue. In the end I kicked to the finish and was about 10 seconds in front of her.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing pics! I always look ridiculous in all of my race photos--but you look like a real, fast runner in yours! As for the funk, I think that happens to a lot of us. It's like the letdown after Christmas is over when you're a kid :) Anyway, I hope you get your mojo back soon! Until then, be sure to get lots of rest!

    ReplyDelete