Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sadly, new 'Reverse' diet going very well

Over the course of the last 3 weeks I was supposed to lose 3 pounds; instead I gained 3. Obviously I have no advantage from being my own worst enemy.

A friend has pointed out my lack of blog postings, the reasons have been busy schedule & feeling blue because of my crappy running.

First, and worst, I am injured. Sort-of...maybe. About 10 days ago I did a 14 miler (yea!) and felt a new 'minor' pain in my lower left leg. Then the next day I went out to run a few easy miles and the pain was very sharp and I had to cut it short & just walk it in. Second issue: been very busy and something had to give so it was the blog. bummer.

I've had a cold (second one) which is now a sinus infection with the harsh headache. This is the first winter with 2 colds in many years (since kids were toddlers). Both colds came on after long runs in frigid temps... so obviously I need to do a better job bolstering my immunity & I think lack of sleep (stress) and nutrition (poor) have played a role too.

Today has been my first really good running day in a while.
1. ran 4 miles - pain free for the first time in a week & a half.
2. catching up on all sorts of stuff...blog reading & writing coming soon. We had kids home 2 days from school due to snow, about 6 inches but the roads were still very icy the second morning. Fun sledding, etc. but absolutely killing my 'easy' week where I'm supoosed to get stuff done.

How have you been? Running, work, life? I read your post on M&M's recently. Believe me, your eating habits are fine compared to my total pig out the last few weeks. I've been kind of stressed, and on top then add depressed about marathon goal slipping away because of new injury. I tend to consume mass quantities when under pressure and/or feeling sorry for myself, so therefore i've been totally gluttonous recently!

Maybe I can get back onto the training plan, it's not too late yet, but time is slipping away. It's a week & a half to my half marathon race. I already paid that entry fee. I have not registered for the VCmarathon yet, they are approximately 60% sold out. I have no idea where my fitness level is right now. I want to race the half, but it's a dicey proposition with the new leg pain. I'm feeling like I should coast into this first race of the season, then if I come out of it healthy I will ramp up the training again. If I encounter any more obstacles then the May marathon just isn't going to happen (and I'll look to the fall season instead).

1 comment:

  1. you've certainly had your share of distractions with the busy-ness, colds, and aches! i'm glad you were able to get in a good run today and have been taking it easy in the meantime. i know it can be rather depressing to not be able to run, even though some days we hate having to get out and run too. i think the blah-days of winter contribute to the overall crap feeling, poor eating habits, and lack of motivation, but that could just be me. i've been doing better on my eating like i (re)promised myself this past weekend but then again it's only been 3 days!

    i think you should probably just run the half... go as hard as your leg will let you pain-free, but don't worry about your time. i'm pretty sure this wasn't a big goal race of yours, and there's no reason to sacrifice the next few months of running by racing it. it'll still hopefully be a good run, nice change of pace from all the solo runs, and maybe even fun.

    ReplyDelete