Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tempo Wednesday

Mid week works good for me to do my tempo runs. This was my key workout last year when gearing up for PR's.

The last chance for the spring marathon is this weekend's long run. It will have to go really very well for me to sign up for the marathon. VCMarathon is 60 days from today. Not a lot of time. I'm figuring that the dream is to be postponed to the fall season. Therefore I'm thinking about a half marathon PR attempt on April 26th, and a 5k PR attempt in May before the heat & humidity hits.

Thus the weekly tempo run has got to be implemented. Today was total 5 miles, 1 warm-up & 1 cool-down. The 3 in the middle were at 7:00 and felt not so bad. Next week I'll either add a forth, or cut the pace to 6:50 - or both if I'm feeling it. The first 10 mins definitely felt tougher than the last 10, so maybe I should do a longer w-up...may try that next week. I felt light on my feet when I stepped off the wheel - only a bit high, but a notable floating sensation. So I've got that at least, which is nice.

Generally, I'm feeling much better. The beating i took from the half marathon is finally healed... very long recovery this time. Nip is still tender, but much better. Weird how it's just the one side, I wonder if I run leaning to one side?? Diet news: the past 2 days have been good. The first back to back days since last fall. So far today I'm good too, just have to get thru dinner somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment