Friday, March 27, 2009

Power Surge

Today's schedule called for easy 4 miles, decided to do it on the treadmill so that I'd be sure to get a good stretch afterward. And stop for a big salad on the way back home.

About 10 or 12 minutes into the run I was feeling a ton of energy coming on. Weird - no tiredness left from C.R. now. And the tempo run on Wednesday somehow re-energized me. tried to contain my enthusiasm, but decided I could afford to do one fast one. Mile 3 = 6:30 and I was really wanting to do more but managed to slow it down and then also just do one more (total of 4). Stretch & no wts.

Feeling very good. But the real test is this Sunday. Got to do a 16 miler, better if I go the full 18 (or more?).

2 comments:

  1. glad the recovery went well and sounds like you are back in it. you outta post your pr's on here - i'm getting this impression they are all speedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahww, thanks, but really my pr's aren't so fast . . . it's all relative, u know?

    ReplyDelete