Tuesday, March 31, 2009

VCM Here I Come!

Well I finally paid the entry fee for my marathon. Almost too late, the race is like 89% sold out. I scanned through the registration list, there's not many folks from Del.

The only issue I see on the trip is that packet pick-up ends at 7 p.m. Saturday night, and I'll almost certainly be arriving later than that. The race day pick-up is until 7 a.m., with the start time 8 a.m. The pick-up looks to be about a half mile from the start area... sooooo, that will take some running around to make it work, but it's doable.

There's no way out now, I have a strong track record of running once I've paid the fee. I'm feeling pretty good about that!

1 comment:

  1. i hate being pressed for packet pick up. i just barely rolled into town for the atlanta marathon last november, like 10 minutes before it closed! (they didn't offer race-day pick-up) congrats on making it official - the countdown begins!

    ReplyDelete