Monday, February 2, 2009

Attack of the Angry Groundhogs


Don't you think eventually these groundhogs would get sick n tired of being woken up from their winter's sleep and revolt against their overlords? Watch for headline soon: Angry Groundhogs Rebel And Attack At Dawn!

My legs are kind of hurting from yesterday's long run. A few times my feet slipped out from under me, almost falling but somehow staying upright. I'm feeling those strains & stretches today. Muscle soreness isn't really an issue. Also my right foot is achey, need to rest a few days this week.

But I'm feeling pretty darn good about the distance & terrain. The time ended up at 1:50 - so that's exactly half as much time on my feet that I need to be ready for come marathon day. I was happily exhausted at the end. Thinking about double the effort is still a long way away, but I'm moving in the right direction. I was also thinking that this long run was about 100 feet of elevation climbed per mile. That would already exceed the hills of my marathon. So I've got that. That's something.

3 comments:

  1. good job on the long run. some people get more caught up in the pace on them but it's important to remember overall time on your feet, get those legs used to being fatigued and having to push through it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sore and tired just from reading about that long run. Which marathon are you training for? I planning a marathon this year buthaven't decided which yet. Just focused on Caesar for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi M - ur from Peyton's Place, no?

    Thanks for comment, how's the running coming? I'm ramping up my mileage, so watch out- i may be able to beat u at some pt this yr! Haha, maybe...
    I'm planning on Vermont City in May but haven't paid entry fee yet so can still change venue or cancel if long runs don't go well. Of course DE is the other option.
    Have u done 26.2 yet?

    ReplyDelete