Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sick, Sicko, Sickest

I'm sick. Have been for a few days. The wife had it last week, got into strep and she had to get a Rx from the Dr. They my son caught it, but not quite as bad, although he missed a few days from school and he had a long streak of perfect attendance going too. About 4 1/2 years without missing a single day. Now's he reset to one day. Nothing lasts forever...

Now I've got it. Started Wednesday. I've skipped 2 workouts already, but I'm feeling better today so maybe I'll try to do a modest cross training effort at the Y this afternoon. I'm def gonna miss my long run this weekend. Will have to try to do it mid week or push out until next weekend. bummer.

Decided on the Sheraton for the race hotel. It requires a shuttle ride instead of just a 2 block walk, but the VCM website looks very organized about the shuttle schedule and the price is better, plus the Sheraton is the official host hotel so they should be all 'in-tune' with us runners (one would hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment