Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday, X-training Recovery Day

Whew, my body is feeling beat up today. Forced myself to get in to the Y. Once I got moving i felt better and did an hour of cross training: 20 treadmill easy, 20 elliptical easy, 20 bike moderate. Call that equivalent to 4 miles. Good stretch but totally skipped all weight work today.

My list of aches: a. neck (new this a.m.: fell asleep on couch), b. lower back (since Sunday night: too much lsd and/or rare double 'extra-curricular' session), c. both feet but especially the right forefoot(since Sunday night: too much lsd, including stomping feet so that I could 'pop' thru the 1/2 inch ice layer rather than slip-sliding away and/or too much standing around at SB party).

I need an easy week, but mileage will be okay with Sunday's effort. Shooting for 11+4+5+5=25. Next week should be around 20, and then the following week (Feb 15-21st) will be my first big mileage week @ 28 or 30 (maybe 5+5+6+13). I know 30 miles isn't huge to marathoners, but it will be my biggest week in yrs.
I've got to keep my intensity down & get the mileage UP!

2 comments:

  1. uh oh getting close to breaking your records! always a good feeling to have a new weekly-mileage pr. don't overdo it just to log miles if you're body starts shouting at you.

    i know i still need to email you about your questions... i'm so sorry for being so slow. i'll try to compile my .02 this weekend for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked up the Bart Yasso 800's online...I'd still like to hear if this (or any) prediction workout was accurate for you.

    ReplyDelete