Monday, June 22, 2009

99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall




I had such a good Father's Day weekend that I think it fitting to write blog posting #99 about just that.


Friday night dinner out just the wife & I. That rarely happens but now that the older son is officially certified to babysit for his younger brother we might enjoy more dinners out. Saturday a.m. was a 5k race. Some good quality "me time" that I enjoy. That evening we had family movie night - Mall Cop. Silly film that the kids enjoyed. Well, we all got some good laughs to be honest. Sunday afternoon was the neighborhood father & son baseball game. This is a very informal 'pick-up' game. There was 7 boys & only 3 dads, but we had a good time out there. I knew it was going to end up hurting me the next day. Remember that lower abdominal strain that I hadn't mentioned recently? Sure enough I strained it again. Not too bad. Also have some issue going on with right ankle & calf. I'm not used to so much pivot, sprint, jump, stretch type of movements.
Great weekend. I'm looking forward to blog posting #100 and then another 100 after that!
p.s. thanks to Ray's beer bottle collection for these photo's. I've been to Ray's house for a pre-race pasta dinner ... it's quite a scene with the decor mostly devoted to running & beer.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a nice weekend! congrats on getting to your first 100, well, almost anyway!

    take care of that ab strain.

    ReplyDelete