Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Whew - legs dead tired.

I couldn't get to the Y until late afternoon yesterday - not the time of day that I typically run. Plan called for 4 easy miles on tread, with stretching & weights. Those easy miles were tough! My legs just felt dead tired. I think Sunday's trail run took more out of me than I'd thought.

Went slow, took the dreaded walk breaks (even on treadmill now?!?) and I got it done. Wiped out tired. Didn't do any weights. I fell asleep on the couch at about 9 p.m. Had a tough time getting up this morn too. Today is a scheduled rest day - thankfully. Back at it tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. enjoy your rest day! have you taken any amount of time off (consecutive days) since the marathon? while your mind may be in the mood for running and focusing on your next race, your legs may still need some time to recover. (just a thought, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Lindsay - I've rested plenty. Now's my time to build speed (well, as much as I can get). This weekend is four weeks since my marathon...

    ReplyDelete