Monday, June 22, 2009

Strong Energy

Today I felt like a million bucks out there on the pavement. Planned to run 5 or 6 easy miles around neighborhood. Instead turned into a hard effort as I felt alot of strong energy.

First two miles more or less level @ 8:28 then 7:40. The 3rd & 4th miles each have a significant hill climb. 7:50 then 7:45. I was really looking forward to miles 5 & 6 which were downhill and then flat. Done in 7:31 then 7:41. If you drop the first 'warm up' mile then this is a pretty fast workout for me. Hopefully I feel this good again on Wednesday when it's Tempo run day.

Plan to run 5k on Sat. Course should be flat, weather might cooperate... or might be hot & muggy. I'd like to take 20 or 30 seconds off from the last race but we'll just have to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment