Friday, June 26, 2009

More Than This

Wednesday's workout: Tempo Run. Thought about neighborhood loop but decided to head for the treadmill at Y because my feet have been achey since Monday's run (why?).

I wanted to do 3x sub-7 minute pace this week. Incline set to .5 uphill grade. This definitely felt easier than last week. That's a good sign! 6:55 - 6:58 - 6:48 were the splits. During the cool down I did 4x 30 secs. at approx 6:30 pace. Full recovery between each of these (2 or 3 minutes). The last accelleration was close to a full minute but then I reminded myself that this workout isn't a race. Good stretch, light upper body weight circuit, went home to eat lunch but suddenly realized I was running late for appointment. Burger King lunch. Ugh. BTW, i've gone way off my diet this week and haven't stepped onto the scale outta fear of what it will say.

Last night we went to a minor league baseball game. I always bring my glove, but hve never in my life caught a foul ball. So in the 8th inning, after paying pretty close attention all game, I was momentary distracted while a batter was at the plate. Sure enough a screaming liner came right into our section! It hit the aluminum bench so hard that their was a major dent (2 rows behind & 4 seats over). The family next to us almost had a hospital visit, but they didn't get the ball either because it bounced around and the next family further over ended up with it. I had my glove on, so if I had only been paying attn there's a good chance I would've made a nice play on the ball. What had distracted me? A clown was working the stadium making balloon animals for the kiddies. I gotta get my head check. Maybe it's adult onset ADD??

Thurs: supposed to run 4 easy but I ran out of time. Hopefully find room to squeeze that into Friday somewhere...
So anyway... I feel some 'minor tightness' on outer knee area (right leg) which is probably an IT band issue. I need a few easy days before Saturday's 5k race + plenty of stretching to make sure this doesn't develop into anything more than this.

1 comment:

  1. bk has a decent grilled chicken salad in my opinion, and it's low cal obviously. the fried one isn't too bad either. i get it w/ a chocolate milk to help fill me up some more. nice job on the tm workout!

    ReplyDelete