Monday, June 1, 2009

Fall Season Coming into focus


I did 3 easy miles around the neighborhood. I told myself at the beginning that if my legs still feel 'dead' then I'd take a walk break in the middle. I walked. Gee, these walk breaks are addictive. You'd think that maybe I got enough walking during the last few miles of the marathon melt-down. But I walked for a minute (and didn't time the run at all anyway).

Didn't have time to hit the weights. Will try for the gym tomorrow. I've been eating slightly healthier post-marathon. That feels good. I look downright fat in some of the online pics compared to other runners around me. Oh, btw, online pics are up! Here's a photo montage in crappy low-resolution. I guess I should fork over the $55 to get the high-res images. Right click and open in 'new tab/new window' to see best. insertPingimagehere


I have a lingering muscle pain in the lower left abdominal region. This was hurting with the leg spasms during the race. Now it's the last remaining ache. Hard to exactly put my finger on it - literally. It's like a pulling/pinching pain when stretching, coughing, bending. I'm thinking hernia type issue, which I really hope it's not that. I had that surgery about 12 years ago and the area has always bothered me. Pretty sure the doc did a sub-par job and there's like scar tissue or just plain not done correctly. Will watch this for a week & hope it resolves on it's own.

I have signed up for the Philly Distance Run Half in Sept. This is a PR target as it will be my first flat 13.1 in many years. This is the focus of my early fall season. And another shot at the 26.2 distance will be the focus of the late fall season. Really torn between Philly Marathon (here) or the Rehobeth Beach marathon but Philly seems the logical choice. About a dozen runners from club are doing Rehobeth That would be fun...

1 comment:

  1. take your return to running easy! whichever race you choose, you have time to recover and rebuild. hope that pain goes away on its own - i have no ideas or suggestions there :-/

    race photos are so pricey! but i usually breakdown and get at least one...

    ReplyDelete