Friday, July 3, 2009

Easy Day Before Long Run

Today's workout called for just an easy 4 miles in advance of tomorrow's 10 miler, which will be my first long run post-marathon. I went to the Y seeing as the 10 will be on the roads.

My knees have been a bit achey all week. The bike ride Wednesday didn't do anything to help the situation. I was feeling a few twinges of pain during the early part of today's run. Then after totally warmed up the knees were fine. I was watching the TV's and went right past the 4mm. Pace varied between 8:20 & 8:45. I decided to keep going and make it a 5 miler. I really like to write down my mileage in whole numbers!

Finished with a good stretch session and an upper body circuit on the machines-light effort on the lifting. Later, after dinner, iced my knees because they don't feel great. This is the same type of mild, non-specific pain I've experienced in the past. Always connected with too much hard workouts especially speed work. The pain is along the top edge of the kneecap. Kind of concerned about tomorrow's long run . . . but might do it as a real easy effort.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the suggestion re: my fundraising. I linked to you in my latest post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i completely understand the need to round out the mileage :) hope the knee is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete