Wednesday, July 1, 2009

June '09 review

The year is half done; I've logged 482 miles which is well ahead of last year, but still short of breaking 1,000 for the year; however, the biggest mileage months still lay ahead of me so I'm still confident on hitting 1k miles in 2009.
June 2009:
This was forecast to be a transitional month starting with marathon recovery and ending in the midst of summer speed work. Things went surprisingly to plan... weird.

Total miles: 87 Happy with this #, wasn't sure what would happen/didn't have a set goal.
Avg. = 22 per week (4 weeks). Ran on the majority of days (first time that's happened all year!)
Races (3): an 8k then two 5k's. Times were all unimpressive, but this year has been focused on distance, not speed, so didn't have great expectations. The trend of the paces is good: approx. 7:10, then 7:flat, then 6:50. It would be nice to continue that pace trend!
Long runs= 1x 8 miles on a trail run.

Highlites/Lowlites: I wanted to lose wt - didn't happen. I wanted to begin a lifting program at the gym - didn't happen. I wanted to recover from marathon without injury - Achieved, with footnote that lower abdominal strain is still occasionally bugging me. I wanted to have decent monthly mileage with speedwork - Achieved.

July Goals: I want to have my highest mileage month of the year. Got to get over 100 miles this month! Going to begin some bike rides and get weekly workouts up to average 4.5 or even 5 per week. The first 2 or 3 weeks I'll continue to work on speed and/or 5k races. By the end of the month I'll be focused on long runs for buildup into marathon training.
Fall goal races for new PR's are Philly Distance Run Half Marathon Sunday Sept.20th, then DDC_15k three weeks later (Oct.11th), then Philly Marathon six weeks later (Nov.22nd).

2 comments:

  1. with the long races coming up later this year (and more training miles) i'm sure you will meet your 1k goal! you definitely have some speed to build off of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you leave me the nicest comments. Thanks so much for your support and kind words. BOMF is an incredible organization. Maybe I will post a link to my fundraising site...see if it stirs anything up. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete