Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ham for Paparazzi


Managed to track down a pic of me just after last Saturday's 5k race. Still would like to see a photo while running, but this will have to do. Feeling like 21:11 not too bad in that outfit.
Today: rest day.
Yesterday: first bike ride of the year! Felt good to be on wheels. Nothing noteworthy during ride. 17.5 miles @ 14 mph. I'm writing this down on my mileage log as equivalent of 5 miles running. I'm on track for a decent week as long as I do that long run on Saturday.
Peace. Here's a couple of shout-out's to fellow bloggers:
1. Very funny post from Joy, RN in NJ
http://runjoy.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-need-life.html
I went back to read after she reported this week on a successful snot rocket !
2. Congrats to Lindsay... a comfortable 200 mile month...oh, and btw, engagement. http://www.chasingthekenyans.com/2009/07/june-2009.html
3. Denise could use your help fundraising for BackOnMyFeet. She's doing her first Ultra, only been running for like about two years. http://run-denise-run.blogspot.com/2009/07/246-for-june.html

4 comments:

  1. Great Pic! Get that long run in, my friend! lol. It's the backbone of the training. Run well. Run hard. Run safe.

    Turhan

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the shoutout. come on, those balloons were totally slowing you down with the wind drag :) good enough excuse for me anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I have to agree with Lindsay . . . the balloons make your already fast time all the more impressive! Good luck with the long run!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link love! Next time I'm wearing one of those hat balloons - maybe it'll get me near your pace ;)

    ReplyDelete