Friday, July 24, 2009

Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)

(Stones song title4 today) Ever feel like just running away from it all? I have the day off today, but tons a little things to get done before heading to the Phillies game tonite - WOOO Hoooo!!

But the break in routine made me skip my run this morning. Now there's just not enough hours left in the afternoon to finish what i have to do and squeeze in my workout. UGH, don't u just hate that?

If I can get 5 miles run tomorrow morning then I'll salvage 36 for the week. I'm fine with that total. But I'll have to take it easy at the game so that nothing interferes with running in the a.m. And I had actually woken up at like 4:00 this morning, couldn't get back to sleep. I got up and looked outside and momentarily thought about do a very early morning run. But laziness held me back and now I'm imagining how nice that would've been. bummer. On a bright note I've already hit 100 miles for this month and so my mileage is up. Certainly will be my biggest miles month of the year! Then even more in August will set me up for a fine fall race season.

A friend had a bad wipe out on her bike. Broke her collarbone... no running for 4 weeks. Now that's a bummer! I've got to be extra careful out there on the streets. Yesterday I did about 17 miles on bike (which I count as 5 miles for running log). It was just spritzing a bit off & on during the last 30 minutes. I'm not sure if the timing is the same, but this may have been when T hit a slippery patch and went down hard. I've never had a bad bike fall on roads. Had plenty of wipe outs on trails (which is why I rarely ride on the trails anymore!).

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your friend, i have a fear of that... wishing her a speedy recovery!

    Congrats on your mileage this month!! :)

    Oh, and don't you worry, in these days and times, I'd never put up anything on the 'net that i'd regret. lol but your comment made me laugh, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate feeling pressed for time at getting my run in - then i am more irritated at myself for not getting out and doing it in the morning and therefore more grouchy. i can't win!

    sorry to hear about your friend!! hope she gets well soon and finds ways to keep her mind preoccupied while not being able to run.

    ReplyDelete