Friday, July 17, 2009

run-bike-run

this post is from 2 weeks ago, while reviewing July's totals (stellar) I noticed these workouts were never mentioned.

Wed.15th - planned to ride my bike today but just wasn't feeling it. Decided to mix it up by running a few, transition onto bike, then finish with a few more run miles. Went ahead and laid out the gear needed and then hit 2 miles at just under 7:30 pace. Very quick shoe change, helmet, and onto mtn bike. Did 14 miles (out Shipley & then around neighborhood twice) in under an hour. Got back to garage and changed back into my Brooks. As I started to run my legs felt soooo weird! I was like all pumped up in the quads and the legs just were not doing the usual thing. Felt stiff legged. Must've looked funny to my neighbors, if anyone was looking. However, the feeling/not feeling it didn't seem to impact the speed because the first split was 7:26. Began running 'normal' and the second split was a comfortable 7:21 only pushing the final 200 yards.
Very pleased with this workout!

Fri. 17th - i skipped yesterday but still having a decent mileage week. 4 easy on treadmill today. Hit the weights a bit after, and a good stretching. Plan to take a rest day tomorrow and hit it hard for a trail run on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. nice job on the brick! sub-7:30's sounds amazingly fast, esp after biking.

    ReplyDelete