Wednesday, May 20, 2009

...in the event that I'm feeling good...

woah down thar boy - blog post 3 days in a row!

My schedule has slowed down totally. Thankful timing for MARATHON WEEKEND Coming up in just T-4 days!!!

Today was a super easy 2 miles followed by a good stretch. Trying to stay loose while not spending any energy. At the end i opened it up for a few mins at speed, but nothing too over-the-top. Tried to imagine an increasing pace during the marathon...maybe start at 8:15 pace for first 10, then 8 flat for next 10, then I'd only be 1 & 1/2 mins from BQ with 6 left to run. Then I'd have to run 7:45 pace for the last 6.2 miles. If everything comes together perfectly then that's doable. And at least with that early pacing I'd be putting myself in position to go for it in the event that I'm feeling good.

I'm feeling rested & energized. My small cold is still hanging on but I don't detect that it's blossoming into a full fledged thing,,, just a nagging hanging on thing. I've got to begin getting extra sleep. Then this headcold will be kicked to the curb just in time.

2 comments:

  1. glad all is going well! 3 days to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! i'm so psyched. .. hopefully don't go out too fast. I'll really need to focus on that.

    ReplyDelete