Thursday, May 28, 2009

ReCap








oh wow, what a crappy performance by me. And a really bad feeling knowing that I wasted the chance to do something better.
I know I can do much better than friggin 4:21 marathon. Now I have to regroup and recover and then plan for a fall marathon. Round Two will be different (better).
I finished. I got the medal. DNF was definitely a possibility as wiped out as I was feeling. All the muscles of my legs were in cramps/spasms.

I have some email & FB messages that I will copy & paste into the blog. For now here's a few photos:
Traffic jam on Cross Bronx Expressway. That pre-race smile wouldn't last...

1 comment:

  1. no doubt you will pr in #2. it's always hard to figure out 'what went wrong'. now that you know what you experienced out there in 26.2, you will be able to experiment in your future training long-runs and figure out how to prevent the cramps, etc. glad you stuck it out and didn't allow yourself the dnf. that says a lot!

    i felt terrible during and for a week after my first marathon. i didn't train as well as you (hardly any long runs) but i know the feeling of your body aching all over and shutting down. be proud of your accomplishment and know that you will pr huge in the next one!

    ReplyDelete