Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sluggish

Sluggish - is that a real word?
Sluggish - related to a slug. movement at a slug-like pace.

Four miles today felt very slow & never ending. 8:15 pace. warm, about 70 degrees, bright sunshine. managed to get my stretching done afterward but I've really become unfocused about my running.

I'm wondering if my funk could be the taper period. It feels a bit anti-climatic compared to the race ahead & the final long runs behind. I've got to begin getting everything laid out for the big day & the whole weekend.

The peak of the final 20 miler, and the recovery since then, has left me stagnant. I'm just waiting for the big day now . . . 11 days & counting.

1 comment:

  1. hey 8:15 does not sound sluggish to me one bit! may just be taper-heavy-legs. mine always seem to way 90,000 tons the week (or so) before a big race. think of it as getting all the junk out of your legs so they are light and fast come race day!

    ReplyDelete