Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Weather forecast . . .

for the weekend in Vermont is near perfection. 50 or 55 at the start and 65 or 70 at the finish. Clear sunny skies, winds to be lite. Ideal conditions.

Unfortunately I have a minor cold that has been bugging me for the last few days. I shouldn't have ignored it when I first felt a sore throat on Saturday. Now it's more of a sinus infection feeling with the headache & stuffy nose. I ought to be able to kick this just in time as long as it doesn't get any worse.

Taking today off. Tomorrow maybe 3 or 4 easy miles depending on sickness level. Making a list of everything I need to bring with me - I'm not used to traveling so far for a race and having to pack it all up for a hotel stay. Got to remember the Red Bull, Gu, Gatorade, Fuel Belt . . . all my personal stuff for race day. I'm bringing all my own water, diet coke, cereal bars, pretzels for the car drive so I have what I want/need. It's a 10 drive on a tight schedule so there's no foolin' around.

4 & 1/2 days and counting . . .

1 comment:

  1. 10 hour drive! yikes. don't forget to consider the effect of that drive on your legs... take them for a short/slow/easy shake out run when you get there? i think my legs get funky after sitting for so long, but i have no scientific evidence.

    anyway rest up and don't let that cold turn into anything!

    ReplyDelete