Thursday, May 14, 2009

T - 10 days & counting,,,

Today is the first day that I've truely felt excited about the marathon. There's no turning back now! I can't imagine how much energy I'm going to have on race morning . . . psyched; totally. I'll really have to control myself to not go out way too fast!

I did skip my run again today (getting to be a habit), but I'm very unfocused now. Since there's nothing more I can do to improve for the marathon I feel like I have no purpose running!?!? I've got to get out there tomorrow for a few easy miles.

I must be one of very few runners that actually gains weight during the marathon prep cycle of training. Disappointing that I couldn't lose the 5 or 10 pounds that i had set as my goal. At this point it's too late to diet; i don't want to be weak or un-nurished going into this thing so my only diet goal now is please, please, just don't let me gain any more pounds in the next ten days. Doh!

2 comments:

  1. don't skip runs! i see them as 'maintenance'/keeping the legs turning over so they don't forget how. plus you have to get the bad runs out so you can have a great run come race day!

    i've heard of other people gaining weight during marathon training so you are not alone. while you do need to eat sufficiently for the extra running, you gotta find the right balance of calories/nutrients to run hard but also reach/maintain your weight goal. certainly don't worry about it at this point but maybe take a closer look at your nutrition habits for the next one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't eat real healthy. I should do better with that. i just got my cholesterol #'s done last month & they're slightly high, but not so bad that I'm scared away from cheeseburgers/fries/buffalo wings/etc.

    If I wasn't a runner I'm sure I'd be fat!

    ReplyDelete