Friday, January 2, 2009

Falling behind

Oh crap, it's been almost a week since my last blog entry (which was my first entry). I haven't been online very much, and this is exactly the problem I feared i might encounter. This shouldn't be so bad once my schedule returns to 'normal'. But I'm not happy to be falling behind on the entries right from the get go.

For today's blog entry I'll go back to last Monday's workout. I'm not sure if or how to back date these entries?

I met my buddy Scott for a loop thru Judge Morris estate. It's a 4 mile trail run for me. He's already done several loops before me, the last with Margie who I must've just missed. Scott's quest for 100 miles in 100 hours is on track and he's feeling fine so it's gonna happen. The second part (the beer consumption) is most likely not going to happen as he's downed about 37 and has just a day & a half left. Well it's really about the miles anyway. His best 100 miler is 30 hours, so a personal challenge like this is a piece of cake! Hard to imagine 100 miles in 100 hours as relatively easy, but it's all perspective.

So anyway, when I get there he's hungry and so we need to eat lunch first. I'm not used to eating before running . . . better make it a 'lite fare' selection from Shaggy's vegan menu choices. A meatball sandwich on whole wheat roll with a handful of potato chips and 2 beers hits the spot. Note: "meatball" is non-meat and is actually pretty good! As soon as we finish we head out toward the woods. I'm expecting to see lunch, in all it's splendid color, within 10 or 15 minutes but somehow manage to keep it down. We do about a 9 minute pace. I felt uncomfortable during the middle section but my stomach handled the situation better than expected.

I stretch when I get home. Skip any weight work today. Heel and PF feels okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment