Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Easy Run Plus One

Tuesday workout was treadmill run at the Y. I'm planning this week to be my first 20 mile week since October - the beginning of my PF pain.
As usual I did a bit more than planned. Wanted to do 4 easy miles, and felt sort of sluggish at the start. But felt better as I kept going so I decided to add one extra mile and pick up the pace at the end. Logged 4@ 8:30 pace and then 1@ 7:30. Feeling pretty good by the end, although nothing special. This approach is typical of my easy day workouts. I almost always add a little bit of speed or something extra to every run. Marathon training may require more discipline so that I limit this approach. Did my stretching & hit the weights. Did an extra set of some exercises and I'm feeling those reps today. Quads & hip areas especially sore, must be the lunge's.

Club news: It looks like the DuPont CC will be the Banquet location this year. I'm happy that worked out. Nothing wrong with Porky Oliver's except they closed their doors (economy) and I remember that dessert from last year . . . lame Corn Flakes apple cobbler.
Also: the DDC 15k will move back to the 2nd Sunday of Oct. I think this is great news; shame that we ever got pushed from our traditional spot. And also not convenient that we've already made public announcement for the 1st weekend; however, the return to 2nd Sunday is available and we can not let this opportunity pass.

Tomorrow I'm planning a cross training easy day.
Another note: I've decided to take a daily multi-vitamin. I've already been taking a vitamin occasionally, but read Kastor interview where she links limited sun exposure to vit D deficiency which led to her broken metatarsal during last NYC marathon. My situation is a bit different in that she always uses sun block lotion and makes it a point of covering up. I rarely do either. But I figure increasing my mileage may put pressure onto the body in ways I'm not expecting. So as a preventative measure I'll supplement vitamin intake generally. I'm not going to try to self-blend types & amounts. Just a daily multi-vit.

No comments:

Post a Comment