Saturday, January 3, 2009

Skipped Today

I didn't do any workout at all today. Just the opposite - I pigged out for lunch and now we're talking about a little Mexican for dinner...

I am sore from weight lifting yesterday, especially biceps & triceps. Not that I pushed it so hard at the gym but more likely because I rarely ever lift so it will take a few weeks for the DOMS pain to not always be a factor. Sticking to a schedule of every 2nd or 3rd day will help so maybe i'll be staying with the new year's resolutions this year?!?!


Heel & PF seem to be well under control today - was concerned after the 5 miles yesterday. I'm crediting the recovery to:

1. rest, all easy workouts & much reduced volume, intensity & frequency of running.

2. stretching. every day.

3. new shoes. finally got away from asics and now wearing Brooks Ghost. Medium weight cushioning shoe for neutral runner...and has high instep that i need.


Played no part in recovery thus far:

1. ice. I keep thinking about ice for my plantar, but haven't actually done it yet.

2. apparatus - considered both "the sock" and " the boot" but felt my case was moderate, not severe, so avoided them so far. Since recovery seems on the way I'm glad I didn't spend money on these gizmo's.


Here's a pic of my buddy Scott - congrats on your success! Next time we'll have to break out the beer bong so you can finish those last 46 beers in the final 17 hrs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment